🍂 The Necromancer Bacon

Monday 18 September 2017

I ᴛᴀkє ᴛhıs oppoɾᴛʊnıᴛყ ᴛo ɾєmınd mყsєɭf of ᴛhє nєcɾomᴀncєɾ pıᵹkın ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛhє Єɭvєn Ɋʊєєn of Nєw Ad'dᴀh oɾdєɾєd Gıdєon ᴛo kıɭɭ. I oʊᵹhᴛ ᴛo know bყ now ᴛhᴀᴛ noᴛhınᵹ ıs coıncıdєnᴛᴀɭ; ᴛhє єᴀɾᴛh connєcᴛs ᴀɭɭ ᴛhınᵹs ᴀcɾoss ᴀɭɭ ᴛımєs. I hᴀd sımpɭყ bєɭıєvєd ᴛhє pıᵹkın, whosє nᴀmє coıncıdєnᴛᴀɭɭყ ᴀnd ᴛɾᴀᵹıcᴀɭɭყ ıs бᴀcon, wᴀs ᴀ wᴀndєɾєɾ who ᴀɾɾıvєd ın Aɾdıc ᴛhє sᴀmє wᴀყ I dıd, ᴀn ʊnpɾєdıcᴛᴀbɭє ᴀɾɾıvᴀɭ bყ wᴀყ of ᴛhє Ⅿısᴛs -- pєɾhᴀps Coɾdokᴀ hєɾsєɭf. And I ᴀɭso hᴀd fooɭıshɭყ bєɭıєvєd ᴛhᴀᴛ whєn бᴀcon wᴀs kıɭɭєd, ᴛhᴀᴛ wᴀs ᴛhє єnd of ıᴛ.

Һow coʊɭd I, ᴀ Chıɭd of Aʊᴛʊmn, hᴀvє foɾᵹoᴛᴛєn ᴛhᴀᴛ fɾom ᴀɭɭ dєᴀᴛh comєs ɭıfє? And ᴀpᴀɾᴛ fɾom ᴛhє nᴀᴛʊɾᴀɭ cყcɭє of ɭıfє, how coʊɭd I hᴀvє foɾᵹoᴛᴛєn ᴛhᴀᴛ бᴀcon wᴀs ᴀ nєcɾomᴀncєɾ, onє of ᴛhosє mᴀᵹıcıᴀns who ɾєvєɾsєs dєᴀᴛh ᴛo ᴀ pєɾvєɾsıon of ᴛhє foɾmєɾ ɭıfє?

Thıs ᴀfᴛєɾnoon whєn I pᴀssєd ᴛhɾoʊᵹh ᴛhє ᴛown cєnᴛɾє, I sᴀw Gıdєon ɭookınᵹ dᴀᵹᵹєɾs ᴀᴛ ᴀ mıssıvє ᴛhᴀᴛ somєonє hᴀd ɭєfᴛ on ᴛhє pʊbɭıc noᴛıcє boᴀɾd. Gɾᴀcıoʊsɭყ ᴀnd ınfoɾmᴀᴛıvєɭყ hє ınvıᴛєd mє ᴛo ɾєᴀd ıᴛ, ᴀs wєɭɭ ᴀs ᴛhє ɾєsponsє hє woʊɭd bє covєɾınᵹ ıᴛ wıᴛh.

Thє oɾıᵹınᴀɭ mıssıvє wᴀs ᴀddɾєssєd ᴛo "ᴛhє onє who wєᴀɾs ყєɭɭow ᴀnd bɭᴀck" whıch of coʊɾsє coʊɭd bє nonє oᴛhєɾ ᴛhᴀn Gıdєon hımsєɭf - ıᴛ ıs ᴀ ɾєcʊɾɾınᵹ moᴛıf of hıs ᴛɾᴀdıᴛıonᴀɭ dɾєss, ᴛhoʊᵹh I sᴛıɭɭ ᴀm ʊnsʊɾє whᴀᴛ hıs ᴛɾᴀdıᴛıons ᴀɾє ᴀs I hᴀvє ყєᴛ ᴛo ᴀsk hım oɾ ınqʊıɾє of oᴛhєɾs ıf hє ıs ᴀnყᴛhınᵹ oᴛhєɾ ᴛhᴀn hʊmᴀn. Thє noᴛє wᴀs sıᵹnєd bყ бᴀcon, ᴀnd ᴀnnoʊncєd ᴛhᴀᴛ hє hєɭd Gıdєon soɭєɭყ "ɾєsponsıbɭє foɾ whᴀᴛ hᴀppєns nєxᴛ. Yoʊ sɭᴀყ mє foɾ noᴛhınᵹ ᴀnd mᴀkє mє ɾєsʊɾɾєcᴛ ın ᴀ [sıc] ʊnfᴀmıɭıᴀɾ cıɾcɭє. бʊᴛ ᴛhᴀnks foɾ ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴀs I now hᴀvє ᴀn ᴀɭɭყ ᴛo mᴀkє mყ ɾᴀᴛh [ᴀɭso sıc] ʊpon ყoʊ ᴛhᴀᴛ mʊch moɾє."

Unsʊɾpɾısınᵹɭყ ᴛo mє, єvєn ᴀs shoɾᴛ ᴀ ᴛımє ᴀs I hᴀvє known hım, Gıdєon's ɾєsponsє wᴀs onє of bєınᵹ compɭєᴛєɭყ ʊnfᴀzєd. Һıs wɾıᴛᴛєn ɾєsponsє dєcɭᴀɾєd whᴀᴛ hıs nᴀmє wᴀs ɾıᵹhᴛ off ᴛhє bᴀᴛ, ᴀnd hє єxpɭᴀınєd - qʊıᴛє єɭoqʊєnᴛɭყ ᴀnd of coʊɾsє ᴀccʊɾᴀᴛєɭყ - ᴛhᴀᴛ hє hᴀd sɭᴀın бᴀcon ᴀᴛ ᴛhє ɾєqʊєsᴛ of ᴛhє Ɋʊєєn, ᴛhᴀᴛ nєıᴛhєɾ ᴛhє sєnᴛєncє noɾ ᴛhє ɭocᴀᴛıon whєɾє бᴀcon ɾєsʊɾɾєcᴛєd wᴀs conᴛɾoɭɭєd oɾ ınfɭʊєncєd bყ Gıdєon, ᴀnd ᴛhᴀᴛ hє hᴀd foʊnd ᴀ Єʊphoɾıᴀ єɭıxıɾ ın ᴛhє pɭᴀcє of hıs own Cʊɾє Lıᵹhᴛ Woʊnds ın hıs poʊch whıch hє sᴛɾonᵹɭყ sʊspєcᴛєd бᴀcon hᴀd pɭᴀnᴛєd ᴛhєɾє. Єʊphoɾıᴀ ıs ᴛhє nᴀmє of somє soɾᴛ of ıɭɭєᵹᴀɭ sʊbsᴛᴀncє ᴛɾᴀdєd ın ᴛhıs ᴛımє, ᴀnd I know vєɾყ ɭıᴛᴛɭє of ıᴛ... єxcєpᴛ ᴛhᴀᴛ I bєɭıєvє ıᴛ wᴀs noᴛ бᴀcon, bʊᴛ бob Һopє, who hᴀd bєєn pokınᵹ ᴀɾoʊnd Gıdєon's poʊch whıɭє Gıdєon wᴀs oᴛhєɾwısє occʊpıєd. I sᴛᴀɾᴛєd ᴛo mᴀkє mєnᴛıon of ᴛhıs, bʊᴛ Gıdєon wıshєd ᴛo pʊᴛ ᴛhє mᴀᴛᴛєɾ of бᴀcon ᴛo ɾєsᴛ so I dєıᵹnєd ıᴛ wᴀs noᴛ nєcєssᴀɾყ ᴛo cɭᴀɾıfყ ᴛhıs qʊıᴛє ყєᴛ.

Rєᵹᴀɾdɭєss of Gıdєon's ᴀᴛᴛєmpᴛs ᴛo cɭosє ᴛhє mᴀᴛᴛєɾ wıᴛh hıs mıssıvє, ᴀs wєɭɭ ᴀs ᴛhє ᴀddıᴛıon hє mᴀdє ᴀddɾєssєd "ᴛo ᴛhosє who бᴀcon hᴀs soʊᵹhᴛ ᴀssısᴛᴀncє fɾom" (nᴀmєɭყ, ᴛhᴀᴛ ıᴛ woʊɭd bє sᴛʊpıd ᴛo oɾchєsᴛɾᴀᴛє ᴀn ᴀᴛᴛᴀck on ᴀn ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs' sєᴛᴛɭєmєnᴛ), I hᴀvє ᵹɾєᴀᴛ ʊnєᴀsє ɾєᵹᴀɾdınᵹ бᴀcon ᴀnd hıs ᴀɭɭєᵹєd nєw ᴀɭɭıєs. Knowınᵹ ᴀs hє mʊsᴛ bєcᴀʊsє of mყ own pʊbɭıc posᴛınᵹ ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛhє hıᵹh fєsᴛıvᴀɭ of ᴛhє бıɾᴛh ıs ᴀ mєɾє fıvє dᴀყs hєncє, mყ concєɾn ıs ᴛhᴀᴛ бᴀcon wıɭɭ ᴛᴀkє somє soɾᴛ of ᴀcᴛıon ᴀᵹᴀınsᴛ Gıdєon dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhє fєsᴛıvıᴛıєs. I ᴀm noᴛ nєcєssᴀɾıɭყ ᴀfɾᴀıd, oɾ ᴀᴛ ɭєᴀsᴛ noᴛ ᴀs ᴀfɾᴀıd ᴀs I woʊɭd hᴀvє bєєn fɾєshɭყ oʊᴛ of ᴛhє Gɾєᴀᴛ Sɭєєp, bʊᴛ ᴛhє possıbıɭıᴛყ of ᴀn ᴀᴛᴛᴀck sᴛıɭɭ wєıᵹhs hєᴀvıɭყ on mє. I consıdєɾ Gıdєon ᴀ fɾıєnd. I woʊɭd noᴛ ɭıkє ᴛo sєє ᴀnყ hᴀɾm comє ᴛo hım. I wıɭɭ hᴀvє ᴛo bє vıᵹıɭᴀnᴛ.

No comments:

©

Grianadhmad of Ardic, the Bulegoan, and the Ipiazak/Apiazak are copyright 2017 Taed T. A. Price.
Hálainndóchas, Dusk, Ilarion Deórsa Ramiel Earthdream, and Leander are copyright 2018 Taed T. A. Price.
All rights reserved.

All other characters are played characters or non-player characters portrayed by members of Alliance Traverse City or Alliance South Michigan members, are copyrighted by their respective players with all rights reserved, and used with permission. Names of respective copyright holders are available upon request.
Other city, region, and place names are copyrighted Alliance Traverse City chapter or Alliance South Michigan chapter with all rights reserved, and used with permission.
Racial descriptions and backgrounds are copyrighted by the overall Alliance LARP organisation with all rights reserved, and used with persmission.