🍂 Seeker of the Heart

Tuesday 3 July 2018


Thɾєє dᴀys hᴀvє pᴀssєd sıncє ᴛhє hєᴀᴛwᴀvє ᴀcɾoss Єɭoɾıᴀ, my fᴀıɭєd ınvєsᴛıᵹᴀᴛıon of ᴛhє Mıɭıᴛᴀnᴛs' cᴀmp, ᴀnd ᴛhє Mıɭıᴛᴀnᴛs' ᴀbᴀndonєd ᴀᴛᴛᴀck on ᴛhє Ashwood Ƿıᴛh. Dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛımє I hᴀvє bєєn ɾєfɭєcᴛınᵹ on ᴛhє opınıons ᴛhᴀᴛ wєɾє shᴀɾєd dʊɾınᵹ Mᴀɾᵹᴀdh-ɭᴀ's moɾnınᵹ convєɾsᴀᴛıon ın fɾonᴛ of ᴛhє ᴛᴀvєɾn. I do noᴛ hoɭd sʊch opınıons ᴀᵹᴀınsᴛ ᴀnyonє - ıᴛ ıs ᴛhє ɾıᵹhᴛ of ᴀny sєnᴛıєnᴛ bєınᵹ ᴛo bєɭıєvє whᴀᴛ ᴛhєy bєɭıєvє, pɾovıdєd ᴀcᴛınᵹ on sʊch bєɭıєf doєs noᴛ hᴀɾm ᴛhє ᵹɾєᴀᴛєɾ ᵹood - bʊᴛ ᴛhє moɾє I ᴛhınk on ıᴛ ᴛhє moɾє єyє-opєnınᵹ ıᴛ ıs ɾєᵹᴀɾdınᵹ ᴛhє vıєw of ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs concєɾnınᵹ ᴛhє Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn.

To bє fᴀıɾ, oncє ᴀᵹᴀın, ᴀs I sᴛɾıvє ᴛo do ın spıᴛє of my oᴛhєɾ fᴀıɭınᵹs, mosᴛ of ᴛhє mєn ᴀnd womєn of Aɾdıc ᴀɾє noᴛ єvєn fɾom Єɭoɾıᴀ. Thєy cᴀmє fɾom ᴀ fᴀɾ ᴀwᴀy pɭᴀcє (oɾ pɭᴀcєs), ᴀnd oʊɾ concєɾns ᴀs nᴀᴛıvєs of ᴛhє Բoɾᵹoᴛᴛєn Lᴀnd ᴀɾє noᴛ ᴀɭwᴀys ᴛhє sᴀmє ᴀs ᴛhєıɾs. Բʊɾᴛhєɾmoɾє ᴛhєy sєєm ᴛo hᴀvє vєɾy fєw, ıf ᴀny, Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn ᴀmonᵹ ᴛhєıɾ ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾınᵹ commʊnıᴛıєs. Advєnᴛʊɾınᵹ ıs ıᴛsєɭf ɾєɭᴀᴛıvєɭy "nєw" ᴛo mє, ᴀs I don'ᴛ ɾєcᴀɭɭ wє єvєɾ hᴀd sʊch ᴛhınᵹs bєᴛwєєn ᴛhє Chıɭdɾєn ᴀnd ᴛhє Һıᵹh Єɭvєs bєfoɾє I sʊccʊmbєd ᴛo ᴛhє Gɾєᴀᴛ Sɭєєp. 

бʊᴛ whıɭє I do noᴛ fᴀʊɭᴛ ᴛhєsє foɾєıᵹn ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs (noᴛ ᴛhᴀᴛ cᴀɭɭınᵹ ᴛhєm sʊch mᴀkєs ᴛhєm ᴀny ɭєss my fɾıєnds ᴛhᴀn ᴛhєy hᴀvє ᴀɭwᴀys bєєn) foɾ ᴛhєıɾ wᴀys, ıᴛ hᴀs ᴀɭso bєєn єyє-opєnınᵹ ɾєᵹᴀɾdınᵹ whᴀᴛ ıᴛ ıs *I* bєɭıєvє I mʊsᴛ do ᴀnd ᴛhє pᴀᴛhs I mʊsᴛ foɭɭow. Whєɾє bєfoɾє ᴛhє ıdєᴀ of bєcomınᵹ ᴀ Gɾovє Mᴀsᴛєɾ, ɾєmovınᵹ ᴛhє Dɾєᴀd Բᴀє, ᴀnd ɾєᴛʊɾnınᵹ ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ᴛo ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood wᴀs jʊsᴛ ᴀ sєɾıєs of hopєfʊɭ conjєcᴛʊɾєs, I fєєɭ now ıᴛ ıs ᴀbsoɭʊᴛєɭy ᴛhє ɾıᵹhᴛ ᴛhınᵹ foɾ mє - ᴛhᴀᴛ ıᴛ ıs pєɾhᴀps ᴛhє ɾєᴀɭ ɾєᴀson ᴛhᴀᴛ I wᴀs ᴀwokєn fɾom ᴛhє Gɾєᴀᴛ Sɭєєp, ın ᴛhıs pɭᴀcє ᴀnd ın ᴛhıs ᴛımє. Iᴛ coʊɭd єvєn bє ᴛhᴀᴛ Һᴀɭᴀınndochᴀs wᴀs *mєᴀnᴛ* ᴛo comє ınᴛo bєınᵹ ᴛhıs spɾınᵹ, ᴛhᴀᴛ ıs soɾᴛ of foɾєsєєn oɾ pɾєoɾdᴀınєd oɾ pɭᴀnnєd bєhınd ᴛhє scєnєs by hıᵹhєɾ powєɾs, ᴛo bɾınᵹ mє ınᴛo ᴀ ᵹɾєᴀᴛєɾ sєnsє of connєxıon ᴀnd fєɭɭowshıp wıᴛh ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Chıɭdɾєn.

So I comє ᴛo ʊndєɾsᴛᴀnd ᴛhᴀᴛ whıɭє I wᴀs bєfoɾє jʊsᴛ ᴀ mєɾє ᴛımbєɾ of ᴛhє sʊn ᵹɾovє, ᴀn "ᴀdhmᴀd ᵹhɾıᴀn," ıᴛ ıs no ɭonᵹєɾ my pʊɾposє ᴀnd ᴛhєɾєfoɾє no ɭonᵹєɾ my Tɾʊє Nᴀmє. I hᴀvє ᵹonє fɾom ᴀ sʊppoɾᴛınᵹ mєmbєɾ of ᴛhє ᵹɾovє of Iᴛhıɾ Dєn Spєıɾ ᴛo bєcomє ᴛhє Aʊᴛʊmn Chıɭd ᴛhᴀᴛ ıs sєєkınᵹ ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛ of ᴛhє foɾєsᴛ - noᴛ ᴛhє oɭd bєᴀᴛınᵹ fʊєɭ soʊɾcє ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛhє Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı soʊᵹhᴛ ᴛo fınd ᴀnd dєsᴛɾoy, bʊᴛ ᴛhє ɭıᴛєɾᴀɭ ɭıfє ᴀnd connєcᴛınᵹ foɾcє of my pєopɭє. In Oɭd Spєıɾıᴀn, ᴛhıs woʊɭd nᴀmє mє "ᴀımsıᴛhєoıɾ cɾoı́," sєєkєɾ of ᴛhє hєᴀɾᴛ, bʊᴛ bєcᴀʊsє I ᴀm ᴀɭso ᴛıєd ᴛo ᴛhє ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs who cᴀɭɭ mє "Gɾın" foɾ ᴛhєıɾ spokєn єᴀsє, I wıɭɭ kєєp ᴛhє soɭᴀɾ poɾᴛıon of my nᴀmє.

In doınᵹ ᴛhıs soʊɭ sєᴀɾchınᵹ I hᴀvє ᴀɭso comє ᴛo somє dєcısıons, somє of ᴛhєm dıffıcʊɭᴛ foɾ ᴀ pєᴀcє-ɭovınᵹ dɾyᴀdє sʊch ᴀs mysєɭf. Thє pɾıoɾıᴛıєs of ᴛhє Mıɭıᴛᴀnᴛs ᴀɾє wɾonᵹɭy pɭᴀcєd, ᴀnd ᴛhєy hᴀvє ᴀɭɾєᴀdy ᴛᴀkєn ɭıvєs of oᴛhєɾ Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn ᴛhᴀᴛ mєɾєɭy soʊᵹhᴛ pєᴀcє wıᴛh ᴛhєm -- ᴛhєıɾ ɭıvєs ᴀɾє foɾfєıᴛ now. Thє Dɾєᴀd Coʊɾᴛ ın spıᴛє of ᴛhєıɾ mısdıɾєcᴛınᵹ woɾds ᴀnd hᴀɭf-ᴛɾʊᴛhs ᴀɾє sᴛıɭɭ kєєpınᵹ ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood fɾom pɾocєєdınᵹ wıᴛh ᴛhє nᴀᴛʊɾᴀɭ cycɭє of ɭıfє, foɾcınᵹ ıᴛ ᴛo ɾєmᴀın ın ıᴛs chᴀoᴛıc, ɾoᴛᴛınᵹ, mıɾєd sᴛᴀᴛє, ᴀnd ᴛhєy mʊsᴛ bє єxpʊnᵹєd. And ıf I ᴀm ᵹoınᵹ ᴛo bє sєєkınᵹ oʊᴛ ᴛhє hєᴀɾᴛ, ᴛhᴀᴛ mєᴀns I hᴀvє ᴛo ɾєdoʊbɭє my єffoɾᴛs ᴛo fınd ıᴛs sєєd. Somєwhєɾє, somєhow, I know ᴛhᴀᴛ Բıɾsᴛ Բoɾєsᴛ hᴀs ᴛhє ɭıᴛᴛɭє spᴀɾk of ɭıfє ɾєᴀdy ᴛhᴀᴛ wıɭɭ ɾєsᴛoɾє ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood ᴛo ıᴛs ᴛɾʊє mᴀjєsᴛy.

No comments:

©

Grianadhmad of Ardic, the Bulegoan, and the Ipiazak/Apiazak are copyright 2017 Taed T. A. Price.
Hálainndóchas, Dusk, Ilarion Deórsa Ramiel Earthdream, and Leander are copyright 2018 Taed T. A. Price.
All rights reserved.

All other characters are played characters or non-player characters portrayed by members of Alliance Traverse City or Alliance South Michigan members, are copyrighted by their respective players with all rights reserved, and used with permission. Names of respective copyright holders are available upon request.
Other city, region, and place names are copyrighted Alliance Traverse City chapter or Alliance South Michigan chapter with all rights reserved, and used with permission.
Racial descriptions and backgrounds are copyrighted by the overall Alliance LARP organisation with all rights reserved, and used with persmission.