🍂 A Plea for the Heartwood Exiles

Wednesday 4 April 2018


бy ᴛhє bɭєssınᵹ of ᴛhє Gɾєᴀᴛ Բoɾєsᴛ ᴛhє Єxıɭєs bᴀɾєɭy mᴀnᴀᵹє ᴛo sʊɾvıvє. Iᴛ ıs ᴀɭmosᴛ ᴀs ᴛhoʊᵹh ᴛhєıɾ own ᵹɾєᴀᴛ ᴛɾᴀʊmᴀ, ʊnsʊɾpɾısınᵹɭy, hᴀs kєpᴛ ᴛhєm fɾom "ᴛᴀkınᵹ ɾooᴛ" wıᴛh ᴛhє бʊɭєᵹoᴀn Chıɭdɾєn ᴀnd ᴛhє Ashwood Chıɭdɾєn ᴀnd ᴛhɾıvınᵹ wıᴛh ᴛhє nєw ᵹɾovєs. Thє ʊnıqʊє nᴀᴛʊɾє of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood wᴀs ıᴛs ᵹɾєᴀᴛ Һєᴀɾᴛ, ᴀfᴛєɾ ᴀɭɭ, ᴀnd ᴛhє Chıɭdɾєn who ɭıvєd ᴛhєɾє foɾ so ɭonᵹ wєɾє pɾobᴀbɭy so ᴀᴛᴛʊnєd ᴛo ıᴛ ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛhєy cᴀn'ᴛ ɾooᴛ ᴛhє soıɭ of ᴀny oᴛhєɾ pɭᴀcє.

Thє єxcєpᴛıon ıs Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs. Shє possєssєs ᴀ vıbɾᴀncy ᴛhᴀᴛ pєɾhᴀps I pᴀssєd on ᴛo hєɾ fɾom ᴛhє xyɭєm of Բınє бєıᴛh. Shє ᴀppєᴀɾs noᴛ ᴛo bє ᴛɾyınᵹ ᴛo pʊᴛ down ɾooᴛs єıᴛhєɾ, ᴛo bє fᴀıɾ; shє ıs ᴀ ɾєsᴛɭєss chıɭd foɾ Aʊᴛʊmn's ɾᴀcє, ᴀɭwᴀys ɾʊnnınᵹ ᴀɾoʊnd hєɾє ᴀnd ᴛhєɾє. Һєɾ єxcıᴛєmєnᴛ whєnєvєɾ I comє ᴛo ᴛhє Ashwood ᴛo vısıᴛ ᴀɭwᴀys fıɭɭs mє wıᴛh єqʊᴀɭ pᴀɾᴛs ᴀffєcᴛıon ᴀnd ᵹʊıɭᴛ. бʊᴛ I know shє ıs sᴀfєɾ hєɾє wıᴛh hєɾ moᴛhєɾ ᴛhᴀn ᴛɾyınᵹ ᴛo ɭıvє ın ᴀ dᴀnᵹєɾoʊs ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾınᵹ ᴛown ɭıkє Aɾdıc, oɾ ᴛɾᴀvєɭɭınᵹ wıᴛh mє hєɭᴛєɾ-skєɭᴛєɾ ın ᴀnd oʊᴛ of hᴀzᴀɾdoʊs sıᴛʊᴀᴛıons. Ƿєɾhᴀps ᴀfᴛєɾ shє spɾoʊᴛs ᴀ bıᴛ moɾє I'ɭɭ ᴛᴀkє hєɾ on ᴀ shoɾᴛ ᴛɾıp wıᴛh mє.

I do noᴛ know ᴛhє cʊɾɾєnᴛ sᴛᴀᴛє of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood, ᴀs I hᴀvє noᴛ bєєn bɾᴀvє єnoʊᵹh ᴛo ᴛɾy ᴀnd fınd my wᴀy ᴛhєɾє ᴛhɾoʊᵹh ᴛhє Mısᴛs by mysєɭf yєᴛ. Who knows bʊᴛ ᴛhᴀᴛ pᴀɾᴛ of ᴛhᴀᴛ oncє ᵹɾєᴀᴛ ᵹɾovє mıᵹhᴛ sᴛıɭɭ bє smoʊɭdєɾınᵹ, ᴀnd ıᴛ mıᵹhᴛ cᴀʊsє mє ımmєᴀsʊɾᴀbɭє pᴀın! бʊᴛ I cᴀn'ᴛ sımpɭy sıᴛ bᴀck ᴀnd hopє ᴛhᴀᴛ ıᴛ ɾєcovєɾs (oɾ, I jʊsᴛ cᴀn'ᴛ ɭєᴀvє wєɭɭ єnoʊᵹh ᴀɭonє ᴀs somє of my fɾıєnds jokınᵹɭy sᴀy). So I'vє mᴀdє my dєcısıon. Sıncє I ᴀm dʊє ın ᴀ fєw cóıcıᵹsᴀ ᴛo mᴀkє ᴀnoᴛhєɾ dєɭıvєɾy of donᴀᴛєd ᵹoods fɾom ᴛhє Ipıᴀzᴀk Gɾovє ᴀnd oᴛhєɾ pɭᴀcєs, I hᴀvє jʊsᴛ posᴛєd ᴀ noᴛıcє ın Aɾdıc ᴀs wєɭɭ. Һopєfʊɭɭy oᴛhєɾs wıɭɭ comє wıᴛh mє boᴛh ᴛo dєɭıvєɾ ᴛhє ᴀssısᴛᴀncє, ᴀnd ᴛo ınvєsᴛıᵹᴀᴛє ᴛhє ᴀshєn ɭᴀnds of Һєᴀɾᴛwood.
Բɾıєnds ın ᴛhє ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾınᵹ commʊnıᴛy ᴀnd єspєcıᴀɭɭy ın Aɾdıc, 
Ƿɭєᴀsє ᴛᴀkє ᴀ momєnᴛ ᴛo hєᴀɾ ᴛhıs mєssᴀᵹє ᴀs ıᴛ concєɾns ᴛhє wєɭfᴀɾє of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Єxıɭєs, ᴛhosє Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn who wєɾє dıspɭᴀcєd fɾom ᴛhєıɾ homє ᴀfᴛєɾ ᴛhє ɾєɭєᴀsє of бob Һopє ᴀnd ᴛhє sʊbsєqʊєnᴛ bᴀᴛᴛɭє wıᴛh ᴛhє mınd-єnsɭᴀvınᵹ cɭᴀn of ᴛhє Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı. Thoʊᵹh I hᴀvє bєєn ın conᴛᴀcᴛ wıᴛh ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ᴀs ᴛhєy ᴛєmpoɾᴀɾıɭy ɾєsєᴛᴛɭєd ᴀmonᵹ ᴛhє Ashwood ᴀnd бʊɭєᵹoᴀn dɾyᴀds, ᴛhєıɾ wınᴛєɾ hᴀs bєєn ɾoʊᵹh ᴀnd bɾʊᴛᴀɭ ᴀnd I bєɭıєvє ᴛhᴀᴛ noᴛ ᴀɭɭ of ᴛhєm hᴀvє sʊɾvıvєd, pᴀɾᴛıcʊɭᴀɾ ᴛhє єɭdєɾs ᴀnd somє of ᴛhє ʊnfoɾᴛʊnᴀᴛєɭy yoʊnᵹ.  
My pɭєᴀ on bєhᴀɭf of ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ıs ᴛwofoɭd. Բıɾsᴛɭy, I ᴀm ᵹᴀᴛhєɾınᵹ pɾovısıons (bɭᴀnkєᴛs, cɭoᴛhєs, dɾy ᵹoods ᴀnd ᵹɾᴀıns, ᴛoıɭєᴛɾıєs, єᴛc) ᴛo ᴛᴀkє oʊᴛ ᴛo ᴛhє Ashwood ᴀnd dıspєɾsє ᴀmonᵹ ᴛhє Єxıɭєs. I pɭᴀn ᴛo do ᴛhıs dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhє Mᴀɾkєᴛ Dᴀy ın ᴛhɾєє cóıcıᵹsᴀ's ᴛımє, ın ᴛhє hopєs ᴛhᴀᴛ somє of yoʊ kınd soʊɭs wıɭɭ ᴀɭso bɾınᵹ donᴀᴛıons ᴀnd pɾovısıons, ᴀnd pєɾhᴀps ᴀccompᴀny mє ᴛo mᴀkє ᴛhє dєɭıvєɾy. I know ᴛhᴀᴛ mᴀny of yoʊɾ hєᴀɾᴛs hᴀvє ᵹonє oʊᴛ ᴛo ᴛhє dɾyᴀdєs dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhєıɾ ᴛɾoʊbɭєs wıᴛh ᴛhє Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı ᴀnd ᴀfᴛєɾ ᴛhє pᴀɾᴛıᴀɭ bʊɾnınᵹ of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Gɾovє. 
Whıch bɾınᵹs mє ᴛo my sєcond ɾєqʊєsᴛ: ᴀɾoʊnd ᴛhє sᴀmє ᴛımє I woʊɭd ɭıkє ᴛo єxᴀmınє ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood, sıncє I know ᴛhᴀᴛ noᴛ ᴀɭɭ of ıᴛ ᴀcᴛʊᴀɭɭy єndєd ʊp bʊɾnınᵹ. Whєᴛhєɾ ᴛhєɾє ıs somєᴛhınᵹ wє cᴀn do ᴛo єncoʊɾᴀᵹє ᴛhє spєєdy ɾєᵹɾowᴛh of ᴛhᴀᴛ ᵹɾovє -- by ɾıᴛʊᴀɭ oɾ hᴀɾd woɾk, oɾ ᴀny oᴛhєɾ soɭʊᴛıon I mᴀy noᴛ bє ᴀbɭє ᴛo ᴛhınk of -- oɾ wє cᴀn ᴀᴛ ɭєᴀsᴛ ᴛᴀkє ᴀn єxᴀcᴛ mєᴀsʊɾє of ᴛhє dᴀmᴀᵹє ᴀnd ıf ıᴛ wıɭɭ ᴛɾʊɭy ɾєcovєɾ, I woʊɭd bє sᴀᴛısfıєd wıᴛh єıᴛhєɾ ɾєcoʊɾsє. 
Yoʊɾs ın ᴛɾoᴛh,
Gɾıᴀnᴀdhmᴀd of Aɾdıc

No comments:

©

Grianadhmad of Ardic, the Bulegoan, and the Ipiazak/Apiazak are copyright 2017 Taed T. A. Price.
Hálainndóchas, Dusk, Ilarion Deórsa Ramiel Earthdream, and Leander are copyright 2018 Taed T. A. Price.
All rights reserved.

All other characters are played characters or non-player characters portrayed by members of Alliance Traverse City or Alliance South Michigan members, are copyrighted by their respective players with all rights reserved, and used with permission. Names of respective copyright holders are available upon request.
Other city, region, and place names are copyrighted Alliance Traverse City chapter or Alliance South Michigan chapter with all rights reserved, and used with permission.
Racial descriptions and backgrounds are copyrighted by the overall Alliance LARP organisation with all rights reserved, and used with persmission.