🍂 Wise Counsel

Wednesday 18 April 2018


I'vє hєᴀɾd ıᴛ sᴀıd ᴛhᴀᴛ ᵹood fɾıєnds ᴀɾє hᴀɾd ᴛo comє by, bʊᴛ sıncє wᴀkınᵹ fɾom ᴛhє Gɾєᴀᴛ Sɭєєp ᴛhᴀᴛ hᴀs noᴛ bєєn my єxpєɾıєncє. My hєᴀɾᴛ ıs ɭıᵹhᴛєnєd by ᴛhє pɾıvᴀᴛє convєɾsᴀᴛıon I jʊsᴛ hᴀd wıᴛh Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo. I coʊɭd noᴛ kєєp ᴛo mysєɭf ᴛhє єxısᴛєncє of my dᴀʊᵹhᴛєɾ ᴀnymoɾє, ᴀnd sıncє Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo wᴀs my fıɾsᴛ fɾıєnd ᴀnd ᴛɾʊє dєfєndєɾ ın Aɾdıc, ıᴛ wᴀs wıᴛh no hєsıᴛᴀᴛıon ᴀᴛ ᴀɭɭ ᴛhᴀᴛ I ᴀppɾoᴀchєd hєɾ.

Whєn I fıɾsᴛ confєssєd ᴛo hєɾ ᴛhᴀᴛ I hᴀd bєєn kєєpınᵹ somєᴛhınᵹ fɾom hєɾ ᴀnd ᴛhє oᴛhєɾ ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs, concєɾnınᵹ ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ın Ashwood, shє ımmєdıᴀᴛєɭy ᴀskєd ıf ᴛhєy wєɾє okᴀy. Thoʊᵹh shє wᴀs mısᴛᴀkєn ᴀboʊᴛ ᴛhє nᴀᴛʊɾє of my confєssıon ıᴛ ᴀssʊɾєd mє hєɾ hєᴀɾᴛ wᴀs ın ᴛhє ɾıᵹhᴛ pɭᴀcє ᴀnd mᴀdє ıᴛ єᴀsıєɾ ᴛo ᴛєɭɭ hєɾ єvєɾyᴛhınᵹ ᴛhᴀᴛ hᴀd ᴛɾᴀnspıɾєd bєᴛwєєn Dʊsk ᴀnd mє.

Һєɾ ımmєdıᴀᴛє concєɾns wєɾє ıf ᴀnyonє єɭsє knєw, ᴀnd ıf I hᴀd ᴀ pɭᴀn foɾ how ᴛo pɾocєєd. Nobody єɭsє ın Aɾdıc knows yєᴛ; ᴛhoʊᵹh I ᴀm sᴛıɭɭ ɭoᴀᴛhє ᴛo kєєp sʊch ᴀn ımpoɾᴛᴀnᴛ pᴀɾᴛ of my ɭıfє fɾom my oᴛhєɾ fɾıєnds, I ʊndєɾsᴛᴀnd ᴛhє nєєd ᴛo pɾoᴛєcᴛ Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs wıᴛh ᴀnonymıᴛy ᴀnd ᴀɭso fєᴀɾєd jʊdᵹmєnᴛ fɾom ᴛhє ɾєsᴛ of ᴛhє ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾınᵹ commʊnıᴛy. Sıncє I hᴀd ᴀɭɾєᴀdy spokєn wıᴛh Dʊsk ᴀnd wє hᴀd ᴀᵹɾєєd ᴛhᴀᴛ Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs woʊɭd ɭıvє wıᴛh xyɾ foɾ ᴛhє ᴛımє bєınᵹ, I ɾєɭᴀyєd ᴛhıs ᴛo Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo ᴀs wєɭɭ. 

Iᴛ ıs hєɾє ᴛhᴀᴛ Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo pɾovєd hєɾ ᴛɾʊє coɭoʊɾs ᴛhє mosᴛ, ᴀnd mᴀdє mє vᴀɭʊє hєɾ fɾıєndshıp ᴀɭɭ ᴛhє moɾє. Shє fıɾsᴛ ᴀssʊɾєd mє ᴛhᴀᴛ nobody woʊɭd jʊdᵹє mє foɾ hᴀvınᵹ ᴀ chıɭd, ᴀs ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs (ᴀppᴀɾєnᴛɭy) ofᴛєn ᴀdopᴛ ɾᴀndom chıɭdɾєn dʊє ᴛo oʊɾ nᴀᴛʊɾᴀɭ ıncɭınᴀᴛıons ᴛo pɾoᴛєcᴛ oᴛhєɾs. Shє sᴀıd shє wᴀs єxᴛɾєmєɭy hᴀppy foɾ mє, ᴀnd honoʊɾєd ᴛhᴀᴛ I cᴀmє ᴛo hєɾ wıᴛh ᴛhıs nєws. And ᴛhєn shє ᴀdvısєd mє sᴛɾonᵹɭy ᴛo єıᴛhєɾ kєєp mysєɭf, oɾ my dᴀʊᵹhᴛєɾ, ɭow-pɾofıɭє ᴀnd wєɭɭ pɾoᴛєcᴛєd, ɾєmındınᵹ mє ᴛhᴀᴛ єvєn ıf Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs sᴛᴀys wıᴛh Dʊsk, hᴀɾm coʊɭd comє ᴛo hєɾ ıf somєᴛhınᵹ wєɾє ᴛo hᴀppєn ᴛo mє oɾ ıf oᴛhєɾs soʊᵹhᴛ ᴛo ʊsє hєɾ ᴀs ɭєvєɾᴀᵹє ᴀᵹᴀınsᴛ mє.

Բoɾᴛʊnᴀᴛєɭy ın ᴛhє commʊnıᴛıєs of ᴛhє Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn, ᴛo hʊɾᴛ onє ɭıvınᵹ ᴛhınᵹ ın oɾdєɾ ᴛo dєspᴀıɾ ᴀnoᴛhєɾ ɭıvınᵹ ᴛhınᵹ ıs ʊnhєᴀɾd of. бʊᴛ I know ᴛhєɾє ıs sᴛıɭɭ ᴛɾʊᴛh ın Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo's woɾds. I ᴛhᴀnkєd hєɾ, ᴀnd ᴛhєn on ᴀn ımpʊɭsє I chᴀɾᵹєd hєɾ wıᴛh ᴀ pєɾsonᴀɭ bєqʊєsᴛ - ıf єvєɾ shє shoʊɭd sєє Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs ın ᴛɾoʊbɭє oɾ nєєd, ᴛhᴀᴛ shє woʊɭd hєɭp mє pɾoᴛєcᴛ hєɾ, oɾ do so ın my ᴀbsєncє. 

Һєɾ ɾєsponsє? "Thєɾє ıs no qʊєsᴛıon. Of coʊɾsє, Gɾın." Tɾʊɭy I ᴀm foɾᴛʊnᴀᴛє ın ᴛhє pᴀᴛh Բoɾᴛᴀnnıs ᴛook mє on whєn I ᴀwokє ᴛhosє monᴛhs ᴀᵹo, ᴛo mєєᴛ sʊch ᴀ sᴛᴀɭwᴀɾᴛ compᴀnıon.

I dıd, howєvєɾ, dєᴛєɾmınє ᴛhᴀᴛ I mıᵹhᴛ bɾınᵹ Һᴀ́ɭᴀınndóchᴀs wıᴛh mє ᴛo ᴛhє ʊpcomınᵹ knıᵹhᴛınᵹ fєᴀsᴛ of Sıɾ Cɾow, onє of ᴛhє oɭdєɾ ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs of Aɾdıc who I hᴀvє noᴛ yєᴛ hᴀd ᴛhє chᴀncє ᴛo mєєᴛ bʊᴛ wᴀs ınvıᴛєd by ᴀssocıᴀᴛıon wıᴛh ᴛhє oᴛhєɾ ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾєɾs ᴛo ᴀᴛᴛєnd. I bєɭıєvє ᴛhᴀᴛ, ᴀs shє ıs nᴀmєd, shє wıɭɭ bɾınᵹ hopє ᴛo my fɾıєnds who woɾkєd ᴛo sᴀvє ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Єxıɭєs, ᴀnd ᴀnoᴛhєɾ ɭᴀyєɾ of joy ᴀnd cєɭєbɾᴀᴛıon ᴛo Sıɾ Cɾow's ᴀccompɭıshmєnᴛ ᴀnd ɾєcoᵹnıᴛıon. Wıᴛh Sqʊıɾє Sᴀɾo ᴛhєɾє ᴀs wєɭɭ, I ᴀm cєɾᴛᴀın my dᴀʊᵹhᴛєɾ wıɭɭ bє sᴀfє.

No comments:

©

Grianadhmad of Ardic, the Bulegoan, and the Ipiazak/Apiazak are copyright 2017 Taed T. A. Price.
Hálainndóchas, Dusk, Ilarion Deórsa Ramiel Earthdream, and Leander are copyright 2018 Taed T. A. Price.
All rights reserved.

All other characters are played characters or non-player characters portrayed by members of Alliance Traverse City or Alliance South Michigan members, are copyrighted by their respective players with all rights reserved, and used with permission. Names of respective copyright holders are available upon request.
Other city, region, and place names are copyrighted Alliance Traverse City chapter or Alliance South Michigan chapter with all rights reserved, and used with permission.
Racial descriptions and backgrounds are copyrighted by the overall Alliance LARP organisation with all rights reserved, and used with persmission.